Green Recognition for Offices and Workspaces (GROW)
The Green Recognition for Offices and Workspaces (GROW) program is a sustainability engagement opportunity targeting faculty and staff. The program will help facilitate conversations regarding best sustainability practices for your workplace. It is easy to participate and receive recognition for your office and workspace. See the information below and sign-up today!
Purpose of GROW:
- To better understand behavior and practices related to sustainability in offices and workspaces on campus;
- To increase discussion on ways to improve sustainable practices on both the individual and department levels; and
- To increase awareness, build community and empower faculty and staff to make positive, healthy changes in their offices and workspaces.
Benefits of GROW certification:
- Receive direct support from the Office of Sustainability staff;
- Sustainability resources to share with your co-workers;
- A GROW certificate to proudly display in your office and workspaces;
- Use of the GROW logo on your website;
- Recognition of certification on the Office of Sustainability website; and,
- Invitations to GROW events and celebrations throughout the year.
How to Get Started
Contact the Office of Sustainability to express your interest in the program at email@example.com . A member of the Office of Sustainability will send you materials to look over and to gain approval from your dean/department head on participating in this program.
The Office of Sustainability will schedule a meeting with you and your team to go over the application and sections of the program, and to answer any questions you or your colleagues may have.
After this meeting, you start filling out your application. If you have any questions or concerns, the Office of Sustainability will be glad to assist you in any way possible. Once your application is complete, please send it to the Office of Sustainability for review. The Office of Sustainability will notify you when your office has become certified!
Once certified, the department will be issued a GROW certificate, to proudly display in their office or workspaces. Departments will also be recognized in the Office of Sustainability’s newsletter, as well as be able to utilize the GROW logo on their departmental website!
Interested in having your office or workspace GROW certified? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
GROW Offices Certified To Date:
Outdoor Adventure Program
Residential Life & Housing
James Branch Cabell Library
Mary and Frances Youth Center
Division of Community Engagement